While a healthy and balanced diet won’t deliver miracle results overnight, there are many benefits of incorporating apple cider vinegar into your eating habits to shed those extra pounds.
Why apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is not like any other vinegar! It contains less acetic acid, more essential acids and enzymes, as well as a high content of minerals, such as potassium.
Studies on laboratory rats have shown that apple cider vinegar could prevent fat storage and improve basal metabolism. Another study on its impact on weight loss *, this time on humans, showed a weight loss of 2-4 lbs in 3 months.
Here are some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar:
• Regulates blood sugar levels and insulin production
• Increases the rate at which the body burns fat
• Stimulates the digestive system and aids digestion
• Lowers cholesterol levels
• Acts as an appetite suppressant
• Protects the body cells against oxidation and premature aging
• And much more.
How to consume apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss should be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning, then a few minutes before each meal in order to reap all its benefits. It is at these precise times of the day that cider vinegar would have the most effects on the body, and on the digestive system.
Prepare the recipe below and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach and before each meal.
Apple cider vinegar beverage
2 liters of water
4 tbsp. tablespoon of Ancestral vinegar
The juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp. of honey
Caution however, to those with fragile stomachs; add more water to further dilute the vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss: does it really work?
Yes! Apple cider vinegar can be a real benefit to your health and your diet. However, it is only effective as part of a varied and balanced diet. In addition, it should also be combined with regular physical activity and adequate hydration. Apple cider vinegar may help you speed up and increase your weight loss, but it is not a miracle cure.
Below are the basics principles of a healthy and balanced diet:
• Eat fresh fruits and vegetables with every meal
• Favour whole grains
• Incorporate a source of protein in every meal
• Choose foods rich in essential fatty acids such fish, avocados, and flaxseed oil.
• Avoid refined sugar and sugary foods and beverages: soft drinks, desserts, chocolate, candies, etc.
• Avoid processed foods and prepared meals
• Drink 2 liters of water per day
• Limit alcohol consumption
• Listen to your body and food sensations: hunger, thirst, fullness
Can we drink apple cider vinegar every day?
It is preferable to consume apple cider vinegar occasionally, as part of a temporary regimen not exceeding 3 weeks to 1 month. Be careful, however, not everyone can drink it: it is not recommended if you suffer from ulcers, gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux.
Along with a healthy, balanced diet and physical activity, apple cider vinegar is an effective ally to maximize your weightloss efforts.
Keep in mind that nothing is immediate. You need motivation and persistence. There is no such thing as a miracle cure, but with the right players on your side, victory is certain.
* Tomoo KONDO, Mikiya KISHI, Takashi FUSHIMI, Shinobu UGAJIN & Takayuki KAGA(2009) Vinegar Intake Reduces Body Weight, Body Fat Mass, and Serum Triglyceride Levels in Obese Japanese Subjects, Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, 73:8, 1837-1843